Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fear is perhaps the greatest enemy of candor...


As a young assiduous mind, one tends to constantly test the boundaries of colleagues, friends, and family.  As society tends to play a stockade on one’s mind, one must constantly remind himself that he cannot surrender to the masses.  The world of an “Entrepreneur” is quite lonesome and demanding, but it is also quite liberating and rewarding.  Just remember, life in itself is liberating and rewarding, therefore we must do everything in our capacities to break away from the shackles of the norm, and it is only then when you’re subconscious and creative mind will be set free. Food for thought…


 
"Fear is perhaps the greatest enemy of candor. How many men fear to follow their conscience because they would rather conform to the opinion of other men than to the truth they know in their hearts! How can I be sincere if I am constantly changing my mind to conform with the shadow of what I think others expect of me?"- Thomas Merton  

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite quotes! Have it on my cellphone as a constant reminder:)

    ReplyDelete