Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pharrell Williams... 10 Quotes on Music, Inspiration, Life...



"I'm a student. There's no real way [we do anything]. I'll never say I do it this way or I do it that way because I'm always learning new ways of doing it."

“If you are not curious, that's when your brain is starting to die. And discovering, I think, that's what separates us from the rest of the other species. It's that we discover and pioneer.”

"I would advise them that the world is yours, go out there and get it.  once you get it, watch what you do with it.  everyday is a hurdle.  the fact that God gives me motivation to jump and keep jumping is key.  i believe that education and exposure are important.  you have these kids who aren't exposed to anything.  they set limits.  i say the world does not revolve around you, but it does revolve around the sun.  do you want to be part of the revolution?"

"I'm a nice dude, with some nice dreams."

"In and out of dimensions I walk through walls, just saying you can't put me in a box that's all."

"You treat the air as a canvas and the paint is the chords that come through your fingers, out of the keyboard. So when I'm playing, I'm sort of painting a feeling in the air. I know that might sound corny, but--And when you know it's done, you know it's done. It's like painting or sculpting. When you let it go it's because you know that it's finished. It's completed. And vice versa-it tells you, "Hey, I'm not done."

"So my brain is bursting inside me. Ideas are leaking all over the place. You come on the bus I'm on now, and you might slip on one. "I'm dying right now. Dying, dying, dying."

"I'm kicking ass, shaking ass, breaking ass. I'm watching as they take my ideas and manifest them into something beyond my wildest dreams."

"I love what I do, I love my job. There's no better feeling than just going in and just working with someone and what comes out is something that the world knows about. I can't believe it, still to this day. You never get used to that. You get used to it when you feel like you're an artist. I don't know, the artist thing is not me. I love making music, though. I love playing. The keyboard is my journal."

"I think all music is a gift from God."


No comments:

Post a Comment