Tuesday, October 11, 2011

11 Quotes and Phrases to live by….by none other than Shawn Carter...aka Jay-Z

“Far from a Harvard student, just had the balls to do it”

 

"I’m C.E.O. and yeah good going God. I’m so indebted, I should have been deaded. Selling blow in the park, this I know in my heart. Now I’m so enlightened I might glow in the dark. I been up in the office you might know him as Clark But, just when you thought the whole world fell apart, I take off the blazer loosen up the tie, Step inside the booth Superman is alive… Kingdom come, Kingdom come"
 


"I'm not a businessman, I'm a BUSINESS, mannnn
So, Let me handle my BUSINESS, damn!"

 

‘I don’t sleep, keep one eye open like C-B-S’

 

“I’d rather die enormous than live dormant.”-

 

“No lie, just know I chose my own fate / I drove by the fork in the road and went straight”

 

“9 to 5 is how u survive, I aint trying to survive I’m trying to live it to the limit and love alive." 

 

“I used to give a fuck, now I give a fuck less. What do I think of success? It sucks too much to stress.”

 

"I'm far from God, but I work god damn hard."

 

"Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself."

 

“I never asked for nothing I don’t demand of myself
Honesty, loyalty, friends and then wealth
Death before dishonor and I tell you what else
I tighten my belt ‘fore I beg for help
Foolish pride is what held me together through the years
I wasn’t felt which is why I ain’t never played myself
I just play the hand I’m dealt, I can’t say I’ve never knelt
before God and asked for better cards at times to no avail
But I never sat back feeling sorry for myself
If you don’t give me heaven I’ll raise hell
‘Til it’s heaven"

1 comment:

  1. *"live it to the limit and love it a lot" -

    Great posts by the way! Just came across your blogspot from mycomeup

    ReplyDelete